These are the easiest, most delicious biscuits ever! So easy my toddler (helps) make them himself! Seriously.
Vegan Biscuit Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 10-14 minutes
2 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup solid coconut oil
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (or any other milk substitute)
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, & salt.
Cut in coconut oil until mixture is “sandy” in texture.
- Add almond milk and mix together then knead. Quick tip: Do not over knead or biscuits will be tough!
- When dough pulls away from bowl, transfer to a floured surface and roll out to desired thickness. Quick tip: if you like thinner biscuits, roll it thinner. For thicker & fluffier biscuits (my preference) leave it thicker.
- Finally, using a biscuit cutter, cut your biscuits and place on a baking sheet. Oiling the sheet isn’t necessary, but I use a little bit of coconut oil for good measure.
- Bake 10-14 minutes until they rise and are slightly brown on top.
Enjoy with peanut butter and/or jelly! Or any other dairy-free yummy spread!
Happy, healthy eating!