When I find something my toddler will eat a second helping of, I know I’ve created a delicious dish! He was on board with the very first serving of my Mac n’ Notcheese. For me, it took a bit more tweaking. I imagine the big difference is he has barely had any dairy products in his life and I have what could be considered a dairy addiction (😂), but that’s neither here nor there. To be able to breastfeed my babies as long as possible, I’ll forgo the fancy cheeses and decadent desserts. What I can’t give up is a bowl of tasty comfort food, so behold my Vegan Mac n’ Notcheese in all its glory!
Vegan Mac n Notcheese Recipe
Prep time: None
Bake Time: 10-20 minutes depending on your pasta
- Boil your water with a little olive oil & salt.
- When it comes to a roaring boil, add your pasta, and cooked for time specified on pasta box.
- Drain pasta water, but leave a tiny bit to help make your “cheese” sauce.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of Melt Organic Butter, 1 tablespoon of Daiya Cream Cheese Style Spread, and a handful of each Daiya shreds and stir till it starts melting.
- From there it will all be to taste. If you like extra cheese, add more shreds. If you like creamier, add more cream cheese and butter.
- For my son, I finish with some black pepper and garlic powder & serve.
For myself, I like to add red pepper flakes and ground deer meat. Sub in any kind of ground meat like beef or turkey and even add cooked veggies such as squash! The sky’s the limit on how to finish your dish. The extra spices and meat create a perfect one bowl meal for a busy mama. Anything that can be eaten with one hand is an ultimate win!
So there you go, Vegan Mac n Notcheese for the whole family!
Happy, healthy eating!